Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
still looking for an answer

thanks for the input,that is what I have been hearing.Geuss the only way to really find out is to just order me one fiberglass rear fender for a chevy,which wouldn't be a huge loss if it didnt fit.I have looking at car shows and have not found any cars similair in our area.learning from experience I bought fenders for a 1939 pontaic four door,my luck they are not the same,diffrent wideths,lenghts and mount diff.so I have me two rear and two front and a hood which are no good to me! Thanks again!

·
38 LaFayette
72 Posts
I have a 39 four door 8 cyl and needed a rear roll pan. I ordered one for a chevy and it was too short. I was told that the standard 6 cylinder pontiacs used the same parts as chevy, but the bigger 8s and super 6s were a little longer and wider and most chevy parts were not the same. I have no experience with the parts except for the roll pan.
Bob

·
Registered
155 Posts
39 pontiac

Do you have a model 6-25 or a 8-28 they are different.
The 6-25 was unique to itself per my Hollander Interchange but the
8-28 series would interchange with the corresponfing buick/olds. The chevy
listing for the 39 is also chevy specific. Note that while the show the
buick/olds fenders as fitting the 8-28 they may not be identical- different
gas fillers or light holes for example. Good luck with it Jim

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the input guys,I have a 25 model I believe,well it says body style 39 2511 on the tag.I may be i luck,there is a guy local that has some nice chevy fenders and he is comeing over tomarrow to see if the fit,sure hope they do,I'll let you know if they do just for further nowledge!also it doesn't matter where the fuel cap is for me,that is if that would be one of the only diff.

·
Registered
267 Posts
You might try some Canadian stuff if you can...

Some models were very different there. Not only in GM, but also in Mopar, we got the run-off from it here because our market was similarly 'compact' and needed model pruning.

You see a lot more of it in later years, where Pontiac bodies are bolted onto Chevy chassis right through the sixties for the export market.

In Australia there was also the paradoxical situation where some bodies were shared between GM and Chrysler aft of the windscreen. Willys, also, joined in this, their '34 body becoming the '35 Vauxhall 25hp body IIRC.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.