Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
one of my good buddies said that if his truck had a "camaro", as in bowtie, carb in it it would be faster. I didn't think chevy made their own carbs for specific vehicles. Anyway this argument led to a slap fight which ended up with me hitting him with a remote control which gave him a black eye.

·
Administrator
18,635 Posts
I thought only girls had "slap fights"..........................

Oh, never mind.

Maybe the Camaro had a factory Holley on it.................

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Just so you'll know, there's no such thing as a Chevy or Bowtie carb.

Centerline

·
Too many hobbies!
239 Posts
Ah, grasshopper, Miyagi say, your friend like manure wagon, full of BS.

Chances are good, that he had a Q-jet, and replaced it with another Q-jet. Nothing about the Camaro, makes it a special carb. It is possible that he had a factory Holley. If he doesn't know the difference between Holley and Chevy, then he probably can't tune it good enough to make it run anyhow.

slapfight. Nearly fell out of my chair laughing at that, and the replies.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Rochester made most of them and they were mostly specific to the application. Quadrajets were made from under 500 cfm to up around 800 and they all look the same pretty much. So if you took a Qjet from a 396 camero and put it on your 305 pickup it would make a difference, maybe not a good one though. Not go back to your sissy fight with that.:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.