Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Hotrodders.com Moderator
1,642 Posts
ford5.8 said:
I see their was a 250hp and a 300hp version of this engine,what is the difference,just the camshaft?
The difference between the two engines were the cylinder heads, carburetor, intake and exhaust manifolds.

The 283, 220 horsepower engine used the smaller ram's horn exhaust manifolds, the small WCFB intake and carb, as well as the smaller "power pak" heads.

The 327-250 horsepower engine was all of the same equipment on the 327 block. They actually ran very well.

The 327-300 engine used the double hump heads, with larger 1.94" and 1.5" valve size, larger port intake manifold with larger Carter AFB carb, and larger dump ram's horn exhaust manifolds.

The basic shortblocks of the two 327s were basically the same. More than likely your block number is 870.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Never heard camelback before until I read this ancient post :D

Do you mean camel hump which is also called double bump or double hump? Look at the end of the head right at the lower edge. A rectangular casting boss with 2 gumdrop shaped casting bosses on top of the rectangle.

Then they could be 194 or 202.

They sold for $100 pr used in the later 60s to mid 70s. The price is still the same.....Glad I did not stock up :D

·
Google "Tunnel Ram 406"
1,137 Posts
Some 327 were used in Vetts. They were rated at 365HP and the fuel injected 375HP. They use the 2.02 heads. They had the double humps.
I'm not to sure if the 327/ 350HP were using the same 2.02 heads. I may be wrong. I know they used a milder hydro cam on the 350HP.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.