Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Halloweenking and everyone else who offered up help with my welding , Thanks a lot !!

Im done with all my welding and it looks pretty dam good if i do say so myself :)

Im ready start my prep work so i can get this thing to the paint shop. Ill be doing the interior, engine compartment and trunk paint my self. Do you reccomend stripping all the paint then putting a coat of primer on ? The car will be sitting in my garage for a few months so i was wondering about moisture...

Is there any type of rust inhibitor or such that i need to use before i prime ?

One more thing ... If it were your car what kind of paint would you use... ( Im looking for a show quality paint job)

Im going to leave the outside paint to the professionals ... Theres a place close by called " Candy apple customs " Ive seen some of thier work and i was impressed ... How much cashola should i expect to pay for a good paint job ?

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry guys ... With two teenagers here you have to take a number to use the pc lol ...

The paint is in very good shape.. A few bubbles on the drip rails and a few bubbles around the weather stripping in the door and trunk but nothing major so far ...

My Budget (Wife) is tightening the coller on me so as far as finishing my project im looking at about $3500.00 max. I have everything i need as far as parts,Drive train, chrome, interior,Its just the matter of getting this thing ready to paint ...

I want to do as much prep work as i can so that ill have more cash to spend on my paint.Im just not sure what route to go ...

Should i simply sand and fix the dings ? Or should i go all out and strip everything ?

I plan on keeping the car for the long haul and im thinking about a black metal flake paint with purple ghost flames. Or as my budget (wife ) will allow white racing stripes ( similar to the ss chevelle)Or the stripes on the car pictured on my avatar...

The one thing i will require is the best guality paint job i can afford...

Ive seen posts about one stage and two stage paint and ive read up on them both. What should i ask when i talk to the paint man ? Is color sanding an option or is it the norm for single stage paint or for two stage for that matter ?

LOL im sorry guys for bombarding you with all these questions but you all know way more than me ... If you have any questions about running a 100 ton friction rig or driving pile or building bridges just holler ill be more than glad to help LOL ...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.