Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any suggestions or recommendations on repairing rusted door bottoms, rusted door sills and installation/adjustment of doors? 36 Ford 5 window coupe. Door bottoms and sills rusted out. Purchased EMS door bottom repair panels. WOrking on installing them (ametureer job) biggest challenge I think will be repairng sillls and then installing doors and aligning them since factory specs are totally useless now. Thanks

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
I am no expert on body work by any means but one day would like to have some basic skills to do some patch jobs if my health allows me as its going downhill like water over Niagara falls but I have wondered on that very fact before of what your doing how would one fix something like that and go to youtube and do a search on door bottom panel repairs and you can find some decent videos and some good ones if you look around and maybe get some ideas on what you can do. That is about as best as I can do or suggest.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Take this with a grain or two of salt, because I am no body man by any stretch of the imagination. If your current doors still have the very bottom, then I would get them aligned as best you can, and then repair the sill, setting your gap as you go. Once your sill is set, then pull your door and fix either the inside or the outside first, then the other. When my dad was reworking the 57, he cut it all out at once, bad it was an absolute nightmare to get it back together. Have any pics of what you're working with?

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.