Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New member and first post. I need to run power window and door lock wires. I want a super clean install. Does anyone have experience with Dakota Digital Magnum Shooters or Carolina Custom Door Jam Eliminators?

Light Product Font Technology Auto part

·
Old(s) Fart
5,941 Posts
I've never used these, but I've always felt that the inability to provide power when the door is open was a major drawback. I don't know how many times I've been working on a car and had to lower the power windows so I could easily reach in and turn the key or light switch or something off or on without having to open the door every time. With these, you have to physically get in the car and close the door to operate the windows. Same for power locks. How do you lock the door as you get out? You can't. This just struck me as the answer to the question no one asked. I also note that nowhere in the literature does it mention current carrying capacity of the terminals.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Great point Joe. However, I’m willing to give that up to have a nice clean install without wires running between the door and jam.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts

·
Administrator
8,355 Posts
I have used the dakota bullets on a 37 ford blower car. They work fine.

·
1949 Ford Coupe RESURRECTION
998 Posts
I used a spring tube on each door and they work well, but you have to be careful with positioning and hole location. I'm happy with them. Can't remember where I got them...

·
the 'Duracell Project'
2,585 Posts
These look nice, but customers say the ID is only 1/4"-5/16" which would probably handle three 16ga wires. One of the buyers said he wished he would have bought the larger size, but I can't find a larger size.

View attachment 621031
i bought a set of those, small yes. i would have run multiple sets if they had worked
you need to have a certain hinge swing for those to work, my 58truk pinched them
i drew my door swing in autocad to design the set i made
after 12 years, i'm sort of surprised they still work and nothing has shorted out

Slope Schematic Rectangle Font Parallel

·
Registered
10 Posts
On my custom Opel GT, we fashioned a curved piece of aluminum tubing, bent to the correct arc, that retracts back into the door and the car. Works great!

·
Registered
164 Posts
These look nice, but customers say the ID is only 1/4"-5/16" which would probably handle three 16ga wires. One of the buyers said he wished he would have bought the larger size, but I can't find a larger size.

Speedway sells ones that have a 3/8 ID:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts