Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have completely stripped my car down to bare metal. Their will be some bodywork to do but I am planning on following SPI's guide to a perfect paint job. First step will be their epoxy primer, followed by and filler and then on to their high build primer and blocking. Finish coat will be bc/cc. OK, so thats my plan and now for my question, I have o either decide to paint the car in pieces or paint behind door hinges and the like before assembly. Could I use a ss paint close in color to my final coat and do the entire jamb or maybe just where the hinges are. This would apply to door hinges/trunk/hood and most likely a few other spots.

Any advice appreciated

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That tape looks like a perfect solution, however I still need an opinion on what to do below my hinges. The body is bare metal as well as the hinge so I need something on both to protect from rusting. Would spraying my epoxy followed by build primer and then base do that, and bolt them together before clear or is the clear needed to protect. My other option was to use a single stage on the entire jamb and hinge and psint up to it later with a bc/cc

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.