Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Organising a resto mod project on a 57 chev truck. A guy told me he saw someone who replaced the original ext. door handle with ones from a Chrysler mini van, and put them in a lower position. Anyone done anything like this using wrecker parts or kit? Murray

·
Registered
323 Posts
Murray,

There was an article in one of the Custom/Classic Trucks mags within the last year or so.. Maybe 18 months.. They were putting Miata handles in a COE if I remember right.

The handles you choose aren't really a big deal, the tough part (after you get them mounted) is running the linkage to the door latch. There was a neat idea using some brakeline tubing and a cable actuator. The ones I think are really slick are the vertically mounted Astro handles mounted on the cab instead of the door itself.

·
Registered
760 Posts
I think I actually have that article for the Miata handles...I'm also working on a 57 chevy pickup--drop me a line maybe we can collaborate on ideas/swap parts.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Let me see what I can dig up for you. If I remember correctly the miata door handles went on a cab-over...they looked pretty nice but the guy had to go through some measures to make it work.

·
NEVER use credit cards!
3,110 Posts
i saw that, remember it, but cant find it either. great post huh?
oh yeah, i do remember they scavenged them from a wreckin yard.

[ February 21, 2003: Message edited by: bullheimer ]</p>

·
Slider in Wa.
700 Posts
I really really want a copy of that atricle if you or anyone can find it. Thanks in advance.
Slider in Wa.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts