Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '86 Cutlass Supreme Brougham has an all grey velour interior, grey paint, and a dark brown vinyl top. I love the seats, but you slam on the gas and your back almost goes through the seat ("she" doesn't like it!) I want to put a sportier seat in it but I don't want to rice it! I still want it to look like the seat(s) belong in the car. What can I do, What route should I go, anybody, HELP!!!!
Also, I have rolled my chevette a few to many times and hit the inside of the doors every time. Any quick, cheap ways to put okay lookin door panels in seeing as I don't have any? How about a roll cage? How would you put a roll cage into a unibody car and still have it support the car if it hits on the roof? (lucky me, hasn't happened... haven't even broke out a window yet, just cracked the windshield!!) I want to ice race it now that I've got it running good, but supposedly I need a roll cage for it to be safe! Go figure ;) :sweat:

·
auto/truck/equipment tech.
107 Posts
Does that car have buckets or a bench? I'm not familiar with those type (cutlass), but I have a buddy with a cutlass of roughly the same age, and from what I remember, the seats in it were fairly firm, but not uncomfortable. He just scrapped the car, and being as you're in the area, maybe he'd sell or trade something for them....just a thought...

If you want buckets, you could just take a set out of a car that you think would look good and make up some brackets to mount them.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
86GMC said:
I have a buddy with a cutlass of roughly the same age, and from what I remember, the seats in it were fairly firm, but not uncomfortable. He just scrapped the car, and being as you're in the area, maybe he'd sell or trade something for them....just a thought...
If he's in the area great!! I'd like to contact him, I found the exact same car as mine in a scrap yard that would need new tires to pass a safety, but I decided to just take the dual side pipes with glass packs only! HA HA

·
auto/truck/equipment tech.
107 Posts
I'll take a run by his place today to see what he has for seats, and next time I'm on, I'll give you his number.

He's in nipigon, so its about an hour from where you are.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts