Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
51 chevy truck , removed original track, going to wrap foam rod in vinyl for windlace, original plan was to just glue it around the door opening , it would also be held on by abs panels , but not sure if i need something more substantial…? Such as making the tack strip out of wood or the thick cardboard to staple to,,,,so question, opinions and where can i get the cardboard? Whats it called?
Automotive tire Wood Tread Road surface Asphalt

·
Registered
151 Posts
51 chevy truck , removed original track, going to wrap foam rod in vinyl for windlace, original plan was to just glue it around the door opening , it would also be held on by abs panels , but not sure if i need something more substantial…? Such as making the tack strip out of wood or the thick cardboard to staple to,,,,so question, opinions and where can i get the cardboard? Whats it called? View attachment 620652
51 chevy truck , removed original track, going to wrap foam rod in vinyl for windlace, original plan was to just glue it around the door opening , it would also be held on by abs panels , but not sure if i need something more substantial…? Such as making the tack strip out of wood or the thick cardboard to staple to,,,,so question, opinions and where can i get the cardboard? Whats it called? View attachment 620652

·
Registered
159 Posts
Automotive trim shops have "door cards" that are good for a bunch of stuff. They are heavy, water resistant and take staples very well. The windless will be pushed every time the door is closed. I do not believe glue will do the job. I recommend getting a door card and cutting it to fit, fasten to the body as firmly as possible then staple the windless to it.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I had the upholstery guy take a piece of welting cord and cover it with vinyl then sew it to the tab of the windlace on the body side. When I installed
Bumper Wood Hood Grey Asphalt
Hand Hood Snake Reptile Automotive tire

the trim panel, the welting was pressed up against the edge of the jamb. Second pick was OEM windlace had a hard piece of nylon sewed on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts