Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
"But how do it know?"
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I do some photography at the track when I get the chance. Thought I 'd start posting here and get some feedback.

I'm posting one to start off. This was taken in May of this year at the Auto Club Speedway. The driver put on quite the burn out show when he saw the camera.

All feedback and constructive criticism welcome and greatly appreciated. Please feel free to post what you've captured at the track as well if you like. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
96 Posts
lt1silverhawk said:
I do some photography at the track when I get the chance. Thought I 'd start posting here and get some feedback. :)
Nice. The front of the car is a bit underexposed for my taste, but that might just be from compressing the image for posting.

Try opening aperture to blur the cluttered background. It may take some practice to get the right depth of field. It's easy to go too far with it and end up with the far end of the car out of focus. Not that *I've* ever done such a thing :D

·
"But how do it know?"
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you all for the support! :D My apologies for the late response, but I did not want to post back here without more pictures. Having found none, I did update an older thread,"Drag Race Photography: Irwindale Speedway - July 2010".

Hey Cole,
eloc431962 said:
Look's good to me :thumbup: , were is the rest? :D

Cole
:pimp:
Thanks man! I unfortunately haven't had a chance to do any editing on my most recent pictures but I hope to post some more soon. :D

Hey gmc1990rodder
gmc1990rodder said:
Sweet pics!! Take some of the drag trucks too!! Heck I would buy them good job!!
Thank you! Not too many drag trucks in my area. Most of 'em tend to be diesels. But I'll keep an eye out. :D

Hey kev,
teejoint said:
looks awesome like the sepia,color...kev :mwink:
Thanks! I really like sepia. It just ads a nice nostalgic touch to any picture. :cool:

Hey Pantaz,
Pantaz said:
Nice. The front of the car is a bit underexposed for my taste, but that might just be from compressing the image for posting.

Try opening aperture to blur the cluttered background. It may take some practice to get the right depth of field. It's easy to go too far with it and end up with the far end of the car out of focus. Not that *I've* ever done such a thing :D
Thanks! I agree, the front did come out rather dark. But I kind of found it appealing because it was different. I was shooting that day for the first time with my Tamron 17-50mm. I can't recall what f-stop I had it set at but yes, a blur would've been nice. I'd hate to do in editing as it never seems natural. I definitely need more practice with my current set up. I've been playing more with the depth of field lately, but mostly in landscape pictures.

I assume you play with a nice DSLR yourself? I very much appreciate the feedback and tips. :thumbup:

MXrider13 said:
Whoa thats great photo man!
Thank you! :D

By the way, would love to see what some of the members here have captured. :thumbup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts