Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Instagram: partsretriever
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a dremel tool. http://www.dremel.com/html/home_fr.html (click on "tools" at the top of the screen, then select "cordless". A 10.8v Lithium-Ion cordless dremel tool should appear. That's my baby.

The switch is adjustable speed, but when ya turn it on, she instantly runs up to 35,000 RPM. This leads me to belive that the rheostat is gone, but the battery gauge (right next to the switch) is kinky too. How easy would this be to repair, and how much would it cost? I'm seeing if it's cheeper than shipping to their warranty place, since I don't use it all the time, the warranty isn't too much of a big deal for me.
-matt

·
Registered
417 Posts
You're likely going to have to deal with several tiny, hard to replace electronic components. That's one I'd send in to the shop and I used to work in electronics.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Had the same problem with my Dremel, altho not the cordless one.

Sent it into the shop, they repaired it no questions asked - were'nt even billed for the repair or the shipping costs to the repair centre.

Oh yes, and it was out of warranty - that says a lot about Dremel and this is South Africa, hey.

Can't imagine life without my trusty old Dremel.

·
Instagram: partsretriever
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cassidy said:

Oh yes, and it was out of warranty - that says a lot about Dremel and this is South Africa, hey.

Can't imagine life without my trusty old Dremel.
South Africa, ouch, shipping costs had to hurt Dremel... Lucky me I live in the 'States and the adress I got from dremel cust. service is Wisconsin I think; just across lake michigan!= if ya know where that is.:thumbup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts