Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does any one know how to make & repair drip rails? about a foot is missing at the lower section near the trunk. does anyone sell them? thanks

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
You've run into the same brick wall many restorers/hotrodders have over the years. As far as I know there is not a replacement "patch" or complete piece that can be had. This is a much more complex piece than you can imagine and is sandwiched between the upper roof and side panels of the body. That's why you see so many cars with "short" gutters or "funny-looking" thick ones.
Perhaps HK has a solution that does require years of expertise in metal work and fabrication.
Good luck!

·
a.k.a. Rusty Shackelford
226 Posts
I've seen alot of them shaved off. If it is not everyday transportation I really don't see a need for them. Besides I think cars look smoother with out them, just my $0.02. :D

·
Registered
533 Posts
Shaved mine on the 'J- lotsa welding but looks better and I have not had a problem w/leaks- (think they are usually useless.) Better than trying to 'sandwich' anything in....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks guys for your opinons &info on drip rails . i have a 40 buick with shaved rails & the ford i wanted to leave stock. it' not a car i plan on keeping so may be i' let the next guy worry about it. thanks !

&

1 - 5 of 5 Posts