Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that i have seen a post here on aligning the driveline, if anyone can point me in the right direction?
the driveshaft looks like it is going to be 22" long, anyone have any experience with using this short of a driveshaft? Any problems?

Thanks, Darrin

·
Premium Member
4,097 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lining up driveline

Thanks for the link Mike, so here is the next question. I am building a 32 from scratch . It has a 460 / c6 . The rear is a 8.8 with leaf springs from an explorer. I want to set up everything with the proper angles. I will be setting up my own bracketing for the rearend, trans mounts . I can line up the trans output and differential on the same plane, or with the big block should a leave a liitledown angle in the differential. Also the differential is offset to the passenger side of the car by several inches. Do I setup the trans over to the right so that it lines up with differential or do I set it up straight in the frame? This would leave a lot of angle in the short driveshaft. I have seen a couple of posts with some drawings on the proper setup,but can't find them. Any ideas? Could not open the German link here at work. :(

Thanks, Darrin

·
Premium Member
4,097 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.