Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just installed a flowmaster exhaust system with an H-pipe on a 70 chevelle:mad: :mad: when i tried to replaced my driveshaft, the h-pipe will not allow the driveshaft to go down so it can mate with the rearend, has anyone ever encounted this problem:evil: :evil:

·
Registered
392 Posts
Yup.

If the vehicle is lifted by the axle, instead of the frame, you might get some more clearence, but if you hit a big pothole, the shaft might hit the pipe. It should clear when lifted by frame.

Make sure your engine and transmission mounts are in good shape.

Alternatives, depending on severity, can include removing or relocating the H, replacing straight H with curved, dimpling top of H, shimming up transmission (watch clearence and pinion angle), smaller diameter driveshaft, or a combination of some of these.

If it is just a tad, you can also try loosening the rear exhaust hangers and positioning the entire exhaust slightly lower, but this can put more stress on it too if moved much.

Other than that, I dunno. Let Flowmaster know the problem before you do any fabricating. They may have suggestions.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.