Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
you know with new engines loaded with variable valve timing all controlled by oil through little passages I would stick to the old standby of 3K miles on my engines. I have to admit on my pushrod ls1 I go about 6-7K on synthetic

·
T-Bucket, Corvette, Mustang
507 Posts
Another example of others controlling what you do and how you behave. Screw that until it's raw. I change the oil in the T-Bucket and London Roadster every 1,000 miles, and the Corvette at 1,500. If there is someone out there who has a problem with that, make my day by coming to my shop and we'll 'discuss' it.

·
Registered
847 Posts
They who are recommending the extended oil changes for "green" reasons want your car to wear out, so you will buy a new one.

Remember California like to crush old cars.

·
the 'Duracell Project'
2,311 Posts
204,000 miles on my 97 dodge ram 1500, i changed the oil every 5000 to 7000 miles.
cash for clunkers made me trade it in 09, motor still ran strong, body was rusting off the frame.

09 gmc sierra, 42,000 miles, 6th oil change due next week with 8000 miles on it.
6300 of those were done in 18 days on a trip out west in august. it's just now down a quart.

my hotrod still has the same oil in it from the power tour in june.

·
Registered
7,372 Posts
3k mile oil changes in my truck. 6 quarts, once per month give or take. I take the old oil to my local mechanic who burns it in his waste oil furnace, which is an envirogreen brand furnace.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts