Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a project I am about to start and I need some direction. I plan to use 2 engines in my next build and I need to know where to get parts or a coupler. I saw someone else ask but did not find any answers. I would appreciate the input.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
found it still need more research

I am posting a link for the engine coupler, that way anyone else looking can get what they need.
http://www.chainsprocketgear.com/
it is labeled engine coupler. You will still need to custom build a flange to fit your application. Nothing some time on a lathe can't fix. but nothing a gearhead is not used to. Keep your head up gentlemen

·
Hotrodders.com moderator
9,581 Posts
What some of the guys have used is the roller chain idea and made the coupler piece out of two flat sprockets..one sprocket was machined to fit the crank in place of the flywheel and the other sprocket was machined to fit the crank snout of the other motor..You may wish to machine some more splines on the crank snout end in order to help with the stress loads imposed..I like the idea of the rubber dampers in the coupling..but that is a different style of coupler..

Sam

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.