Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a stock 69 camaro that has the dual fuel lines, 3/8 inlet and 1/4 in return. I am looking at going to a single line only and removing the return. I also am thinking about putting on a in line filter.
I use the Edelbrock 1901 Quadrajet 4-barrel carb, on a 350/300hp, which also has a filter.
What are the opinions?

·
Registered
290 Posts
Fuel Lines

I may be wrong but I believe if you have a tank set up with a return line and a vented system you have to leave it that way without a vapor lock problem. If Doc or Poncho is listening in they can correct that if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
You do not have to run the "return" line. You can run a single line but, the tank must be vented (either the cap or another vent). If not you will create a vacuum and you will not be able to pump fuel.

Royce

·
Registered
44 Posts
I eliminated the return line when I plumbed my GTX (the tank is vented) In 3 summers of cruisin' in some extremely hot weather, vapor lock hasn't been a problem...

·
Administrator
18,426 Posts
Leave the return line open at the fuel pump end. It will act as a vent. You may want to bend it upwards so the end of it is above tank level.

A vented cap behind the lisence plate might spill gas on acceleration.

Why do you want to eliminate the return line anyways?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for a lots of info:
I am running the single line because I have a Holley mechanical pump that is not set up for a return line and I have a new single line sending unit with a new fuel tank. I don't like the setup on the return line between the carburetor and the fuel pump.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts