Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'day,

Duel fuel conversions here in Oz are quite popular for V8's.

Today i'm mounting twin 425 impco's ontop of my Edelbrock 800EPS, i'll need to fabticate the gas hat first though, i plan on using 1/8th ms plate if it works out i'll get it remade in Stainless steel, unfortunatly i don't have a stainless setup on my mig welder as yet.

Anyone else doing or done the same or have any input they could offer?

Cheers RobbieRat

·
Registered
279 Posts
I have done a similar conversion on a big block ford. I fabricated it out of an aluminum adapter for a single 425. I had a friend weld the plate on the opposite side. I used two model e vaporizers and It worked ok. If you are trying to get more cfm you might want to try to find a similar carb here in the states called a OHG or M&M. I later made one out of steel with the two carbs offset to get the air to swirl. It didnt seem to make much difference.

This is what you do when you really want cfm. This is a friend of mine's 200+ mph 1979 caddy. Aluminum donovan bbc, twin turbo, propane, with nitrous.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.