Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
hot hues

I have used this and it covers well as long as the car is sealed, or primed all one color. There is a different Hot hues hardener which needs to be used, as you may know or your jobber will advise. That color really looks good.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am planning on painting the car in about 4 months (depends on my motivation). I am planning on using the PCl red oxide sealer. Dupont has black sealer but I figure the red would be better. Thanks for the input.

·
Problem Child,Hard Case
1,773 Posts
One thing I have learned with Dupont is,
You USE what THEY recommend NOT what "you think" is best.
Dupont knows what THEIR paint will cover over and deviating from THEIR requirement no matter how rational it "might" be could be a BIG mistake.
I've learned from MY mistakes,as well as others using Dupont and "if" they say "Use a Orange shade primer under Our White base" THAT is what I WILL use.
This is an exaggerated example but with Dupont base's,Unless you want to spend a bunch more $$$ for more base to cover and possibly end up with a different shade top coat,You "best" use what they recommend.
Hot Hues is a good custom paint line BUT, It's STILL Dupont.......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.