Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 72 Chevelle with a 454, and a Dyers V6-71 Supercharger with 1-4 barrel carb. I want to add a second 4 barrel. I'm trying to find an adapter for both carbs ,but it seems almost impossible. I'm getting the feeling that the Supercharger might have been taken from an old Detroit V6 Diesel engine. I bough a new plate from BDS for a 6-71 blower, but it's 1 inch too long on the front and back!

I'll probably install a new blower down the road, but with what I paid for the car..I'm on a tight budget.

What can I do.?? Is there a place that has used or junked superchargers? Am I looking at building my own adapter?

Dan Mascheck

·
Registered
9,050 Posts
The "V" type superchargers bolt on by long bolts that extend up to the outer centerline of the blower housing. They look much different than the regular 6-71 inline. They were not popular, as you found out, that parts between the two types are not interchangable.

Call the blower people and tell them that yours is a "V" model. Otherwise they will all send regular inline parts.. Also call heavy equipment and diesel rebuild shops and find out who does their blowers. Thase engines have lost a lot of appeal and are getting hard to find parts for at reasonable parts. Good luck!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts