Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1995 GMC SIERRA SHORT BED MARK IV 454 700R4
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want a set of Edelbrock aluminum heads for a 454 build I'm doing. They are not available on Summit, Jeg's or from Edelbrock. Do a search on E-bay for "60559 Edelbrock" and you will find many available. Ironically, many listings show 4 or 5 available. Is this for real?
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive exterior Automotive design Automotive wheel system

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lane Automotive has 1 in stock. There are lots of people listing stuff for sale that is in stock at Lane.
I wonder if other business's on E-bay are doing the same thing. Listing parts that others have and exaggerating the quantity? Only to find out, no one has them. Kind of like a shark feeding frenzy!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
On August 7th, I bought 4, 60559 Edelbrock heads from a seller on E-bay who said he had 4 in stock and ready to ship. As of 8/09 I received tracking numbers and they are on the way. But, like I said in a previous post, 9 other sellers had 4 listed, and the next day they all showed 0 on hand. Are they selling other people's inventory?
P.S. 60555 heads have been long gone.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nothing worse when trying to do a project and you can't get the stuff.The world we live in right now. I. Feel your pain.
Supply shortages, including auto parts, is real. I ask different automotive business's about it, and they say, if you can get the part now, I would buy it. I know pistons, cranks and heads, have a very low supply on hand.

·
Rod...from a Chrysler?
6,138 Posts
On August 7th, I bought 4, 60559 Edelbrock heads from a seller on E-bay who said he had 4 in stock and ready to ship. As of 8/09 I received tracking numbers and they are on the way. But, like I said in a previous post, 9 other sellers had 4 listed, and the next day they all showed 0 on hand. Are they selling other people's inventory?
P.S. 60555 heads have been long gone.
Yes, I believe they call it drop shipping where it comes directly from the warehouse to you.

·
Rod...from a Chrysler?
6,138 Posts
Supply shortages, including auto parts, is real. I ask different automotive business's about it, and they say, if you can get the part now, I would buy it. I know pistons, cranks and heads, have a very low supply on hand.
I got my crank, rods, and pistons in a few weeks after Summit said 7 - 8 weeks.
2 items Scat and pistons Icon.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yes, I believe they call it drop shipping where it comes directly from the warehouse to you.
Yes, I am familiar with drop shipping. I have to wonder what warehouse it was? It could not have been an Edelbrock warehouse, because Jeg's or Summit would have showed availability. Maybe it was luck on my part, that someone had them. They're coming from Michigan.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I got my crank, rods, and pistons in a few weeks after Summit said 7 - 8 weeks.
2 items Scat and pistons Icon.
A couple weeks is good. But, why the 7-8 week notice. Are manufactures holding back inventory? A Scat crank I bought, that was in stock, 4-454-4000-6135, now says Oct 25th.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts