Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I hit some road debris last night and really destroyed my right rear outer rim...
I pulled the wheel off this morning and started looking and googling for replacements. Not much info that I could find.

The front and rear wheels, inner and outer look very similar... is there a difference ? Even a quick measurement with a tape and they all appear the same.

Its a 2000 E350 Cut Van chassis wth a 16 foot box... is very handy for moving various projects about...

16 inch 8 lug rims.... If they are the same I'll get a spare and some better tire changing tools in the truck....

Thanks.. Mike B

Attachments

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rims

Thanks... that will make life easier... I looked up the Ford Part numbers and the are the same....

Off to the wrecking yard tomorow and see what I can find....

thanks again... Mike B

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
aluminum wheels

My F350 came with 4 aluminum wheels and 2 steel wheels and a steel spare. the aluminum wheels are different, the side that shows is polished , they work front or back, just not always the shinny side out. I have never tried to see if you can have 2 aluminum wheels together on the back.

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
rim straightening

There used to be a local tire shop that had a rim straightening machine, clamps and a hydralic jack. I have straightened farm equipment and tractor wheels with a big hammer but would buy a replacement for on the road vehicles, trailers.

·
Registered
179 Posts
My F350 came with 4 aluminum wheels and 2 steel wheels and a steel spare. the aluminum wheels are different, the side that shows is polished , they work front or back, just not always the shinny side out. I have never tried to see if you can have 2 aluminum wheels together on the back.
Yes you can my fathers 97 f350 all 6 are aluminum the steel inners are only for cost

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.