Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm new to this site but not new to the world of cars and motors. I'm a classic car guy that has a demo derby addiction. I drove, and still drive, a 65 impalla ss 327 with factory air to high school. I also am in the process of rebuilding my 68 chevy c-10 long box. But I love to smash old mopars, hey everyone has a weakness. I rebuilt a 69 318 last winter. I just did a minor rebuild. all gaskets, new front and rear mains, gasket ground the heads and intake, and polished up the heads with a dremel tool. I also installed a mopar preformance cam, 485, 456 I think. We move and I lost the card, along with a bunch of other things in a box marked "save". This year I wanted to see if I could play with E-85 to get the motor to run alittle cooler. I can only use a 5 gallon gas tank, so I mixed 4 gallons of 93 oct and 1 gall of e85. It worked really good. intake was cold after some hard stomping in the alley way beind my house. I used the stock carb, that I rebuilt, 2 brr carter. My only big issue was I was starveing the motor. I would mash the gas and it had a huge dead spot. Is there anything I can do to this carb to make it flow more? I Know that the jets are way small in it and need changed but what else would need done to make this combo work?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm running a 4:56 rear end gear. I installed the cam streight up and I tried running it with a lot of timing. it just seemed to bogg down after about 4' after tdc. I ran it about 6' before tdc. really responcive in park but when it was in gear it just almost died. so I jacked the idle up. I was running out of time before the demo, so I just thew a bandaid at it. I used to demo all of the time...4-5 times a year. But now with 3 kids and a house and an ever growing honey do list I dont seem to get much time to work on the car or my truck. But its all built and now I just need to fix a few dents and figure out this carb deal.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.