Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
You got a leaky spark tube...
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered a new Eagle internally balanced forged crank for my 400. As some of you may already know this will be the base for a supercharged 400. I've also picked out some 23cc reverse dome forged pistons from JE but have not ordered them yet until I know what bore size I'm going to end up with. I'm also thinking of ordering some Eagle H-beam rods with cap screws, they're 5.7" to correspond with the pistons I've selected. Any suggestions/recommendations?

·
You got a leaky spark tube...
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
RPM said:
Did you order the crank with a double keyway? The stock 3/16 won't hold up long driving the blower.
I didn't even think about that. Thank you. I don't know that it has double keyways. I imagine I'll have to have the machine shop broach a second keyway for me.

·
King of my Man-cave.
2,896 Posts
Some things to check with Eagle cranks and rods.

Check the rod throws and main journals very carefully. I have had to have several turned because they were too big near the radii.

Check the mains for run-out.

Check the snout size. They tend to run undersize from time to time.

Do have the extra key way machined into it.

Use a blower balancer. Romac has very nice pieces.

Check the balance if it is a balanced kit.

Torque the connecting rod bolts to the proper stretch (they are NOT out-of-the box). Check the rod sizing after, they may need to be honed round after torquing.

Check the pin fit. It is usually too tight.

Other than that, Eagle stuff is fine.

tom

·
World Class ASE tech
704 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.