Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Rod...from a Chrysler?
5,982 Posts
Only a few things.... Input housing, turbine shaft, oil pump, sprag, rear internal ring gear, sun shell.....
oh forget it....
start with a new core....
1988 and up...
look for the "rainbow" casting flash around where the lines hook up.

·
Administrator
10,121 Posts
THERACER said:
123, im guessin' you don't know what upgrads are needed .
im just courious what upgrades are needed to make this year tranny
better.

thanks, roger

TheRACER:

123pugsy listed several parts items that need upgraded for you in an earlier post.

Only a few things.... Input housing, turbine shaft, oil pump, sprag, rear internal ring gear, sun shell..

there are a few more parts than he listed that could be upgraded to the later design... it gets expensive

:D

·
Rod...from a Chrysler?
5,982 Posts
Hi Racer.

I gave up on the list because it would be cheaper in the long run to start on a newer unit.

With the newer unit:

A new Beast sunshell
Corvette servo
Transgo 700-2&3 shiftkit....can be full manual OR full automatic holding any gear to any RPM on the up and down shifts
Z pack 3/4 clutches
HD 2-4 band

There are alot more things to add.
Lets start with your engine.
What kind of torque do you have?

My 350 gives 292 ft/lbs at the wheels (dyno), so that's about 330 ft/lbs at the flywheel.

I beat the heck out of it and all I have is an 88 unit , stock rebuild and Corvette servo.

I keep thinking I'm gonna break it when I launch with my 31" tires on my heavy pickup, but so far so good. :thumbup:

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
at the flywheel 420hp,435 ft lbs tq. dyno
it has a the better reinforced sunshell not the beast, corvette servo,new stater in the pump,new input sprage, blue clutches, shift kit ?
I have 4:56 fd. 9" rearend / 31" pro street radials. 3000lb car
No problems yet, but I don't race it ,I might get on it once in a while, just a cruiser.

thanks, roger

·
Rod...from a Chrysler?
5,982 Posts
Sounds like you're all set for now.
It might last with those specs.
A good 700r4 costs alot to build.
If you pop that one go for a later model.
Have fun.

Check these guys out.
They list all the different components in each build:PATC

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.