Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I’m in desperate need of help. The past year I’ve been slowly building a 350 for my 1982 c10. The 350 came out of an 87, so it has a 1 piece rear main, and I’m having trouble coming up with how to bolt the new 350 to my transmission. (Th-350c)
My main issue is the fact That the 2pc rear main motors had a larger flex plate, where the 1pc rear main motors had the smaller. My new flex plate will not bolt to my lockup converter in my th-350c, and I’m having trouble finding a smaller diameter lockup converter. I think I can drill new bolt holes in the smaller flex plate to fit the larger torque converter, but I’m not completely sure. Another thing, is there a difference in starter between the 2pc and the 1pc motors?
Need answers ASAP, thanks!

-hoongoon

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok, I’m in desperate need of help. The past year I’ve been slowly building a 350 for my 1982 c10. The 350 came out of an 87, so it has a 1 piece rear main, and I’m having trouble coming up with how to bolt the new 350 to my transmission. (Th-350c)
My main issue is the fact That the 2pc rear main motors had a larger flex plate, where the 1pc rear main motors had the smaller. My new flex plate will not bolt to my lockup converter in my th-350c, and I’m having trouble finding a smaller diameter lockup converter. I think I can drill new bolt holes in the smaller flex plate to fit the larger torque converter, but I’m not completely sure. Another thing, is there a difference in starter between the 2pc and the 1pc motors?
Need answers ASAP, thanks!

-hoongoon
Guys, I feel stupid, In my panic, I was looking for the wrong thing, I didn’t think anyone would make a 168 tooth (old style) flex plate for a 1pc rear motor... facepalm... speedway motors has one for $23.99! Anyway, I’m still open for info though!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Be careful here the engine sounds like it may be externally balanced the flexplate should have an external balance weight. Kindly double check any info you get from anyone . we are just trying to help and I had this same problem.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Be careful here the engine sounds like it may be externally balanced the flexplate should have an external balance weight. Kindly double check any info you get from anyone . we are just trying to help and I had this same problem.
Yes sir, I just got a flex plate for the 1pc engine. The flex plate bosses on the crank are different size, so a 2pc plate is too large to bolt to the 1pc crank, and the 1pc plate will physically not bolt to the 2pc crank. Yes, the new one has a weight

1 - 4 of 4 Posts