Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Article Here

I built one, works good, had the power supply laying around probably cost about another $20 using stuff at radio shack. If I were to do it again or do another one, I would not solder the wires to the binding posts, I'd use ring terminals. And if you do solder the wires, make sure to cover the board with something I learned this the hard way :pain:

Here are pics of mine

PS Radio shack only had black and red binding posts so I painted the other ones

Attachments

·
Registered
10,928 Posts
I actually tried two, one was 250w second one was 450w. I knew the 250w was probably too small, but tried it anyway. The 450w kept tripping out when I tried to run three Bantam battery chargers off of it. It may have been bad, as it was used and I got it free from the local computer geeks.

Vince

·
Registered
44 Posts
I did that also to run my battery charger for an RC plane? What else do people use it for? I'd guess you could run a car stereo to provide tunes in your garage. You could use it when you want to do that chemical bath thingy to remove rust. Anything I'm missing?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.