Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, anyone have experience with an easy pedal clutch to put in a 327 / around 325 hp 64 vette. it should be good for some aggressive driving but also easy to push in for my wife to drive.
Thanks, Frank, [email protected]

·
Registered
9 Posts
re clutch pedal

here is a tip...

some years ago i had a 4WD F100 with 11" clutch..real nice ride except that my left leg was growing stronger everyday.

i fixed it by increasing the size of the master and slave cyls i went up i size ( eg 9/16 bore to 5/8" bore).

i then had a great truck with an easy pedal , it still is in that configuration 10 years on

aussie bob

·
Footstomper
271 Posts
I have a hydraulic clutch on my 40 ford, it's a 62 chevy bellhousing with the 62 slave cylinder, with a wilwood master cylinder on the 40 clutch pedal. Both cylinders are 1" inner diameter. That pedal is really hard to push. I have a 10.5 diaphram type chevy clutch. I think my problem is based on the lever I welded on the bottom side of the clutch pivot. I suspect that it is too long, thereby, requiring more force to push it. I think the solution would be to raise the master cylinder about an inch, and redrill a hole about 1" to shorten the throw. I have the strongest left leg in the county, but I realize it hurts my hip joint as well. This is just an example trial and error. If anyone can add experience to this, I would be grateful.

·
Car? Truck? Who Cares
2,485 Posts
I have a 88 master in my 59 Elky,
87 truck bellhousing, 87 Slave cyl ----requires 87 hyd hose---weird size fittings.

I think the master is 13/16 and the slave is 15/16----not positive.

If you go to the NAPA website you can get the specs on these.

That may give you a good idea where to start.

Bryan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts