Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made this little stainless spring steel clip to maintain the #6-32 brass set screw to the Allen wrench driver. It works nice for the modified air bleeds in the Venturi area of a Holley.

1622922343744.jpeg
1622922403291.jpeg
1622922343744.jpeg
1622922403291.jpeg

The end of my clip is tapered to keep profile narrow and the very tip has a 90 degree bend to grab the set screws thread so the set screw don’t fall off.

I still need to find an easy way to remove the set screw for changes. Anybody got ideas?

·
More for Less Racer
20,110 Posts
I like your clip (y)

but I don't have a suggestion for gripping them on removal....maybe start chewing gum so you always have a sticky dab just a mouthful away ? LOL

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Nice clip! Thanks for sharing!
Just a thought, if you held the clip from spinning while you unthreaded the 6-32 slightly maybe the clip would catch the threads and hold it on?

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Forget my clip idea. I came up with something better for installing as well as removal of the #6 brass jets or set screws. The same would not work on both set screws and the purchased jets because of the shoulder diameter on the purchased ones. So being I have used both types I wanted to come up with extraction and install that didn’t require removal of the carburetor to change AIR BLEED brass. The set screw type is just a air line stiff nylon tube that snuggly fits #6 set screw threads. The one for the brass was a bit tricky. It is one of the nylon fittings that came with the Mighty vac air pump. All that was necessary was trim the end to get a diameter that fits snug with the shoulder of the brass.
Allen driver on left and straight blade screwdriver on right.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts