Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made this little stainless spring steel clip to maintain the #6-32 brass set screw to the Allen wrench driver. It works nice for the modified air bleeds in the Venturi area of a Holley.

Liquid Water Fluid Twig Wood
Fluid Liquid Gas Cylinder Metal
Liquid Water Fluid Twig Wood
Fluid Liquid Gas Cylinder Metal

The end of my clip is tapered to keep profile narrow and the very tip has a 90 degree bend to grab the set screws thread so the set screw don’t fall off.

I still need to find an easy way to remove the set screw for changes. Anybody got ideas?

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Nice clip! Thanks for sharing!
Just a thought, if you held the clip from spinning while you unthreaded the 6-32 slightly maybe the clip would catch the threads and hold it on?

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Forget my clip idea. I came up with something better for installing as well as removal of the #6 brass jets or set screws. The same would not work on both set screws and the purchased jets because of the shoulder diameter on the purchased ones. So being I have used both types I wanted to come up with extraction and install that didn’t require removal of the carburetor to change AIR BLEED brass. The set screw type is just a air line stiff nylon tube that snuggly fits #6 set screw threads. The one for the brass was a bit tricky. It is one of the nylon fittings that came with the Mighty vac air pump. All that was necessary was trim the end to get a diameter that fits snug with the shoulder of the brass.
Allen driver on left and straight blade screwdriver on right.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.