Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im wanting to rebuild a 350 fairly cheap. i never used ebay parts before im i was wondoring if anyone had good or bad exp. from ebay. im wanting to get a re ring kit thats 60 bucks, a lunati cam kit thats 130 and a gear drive thats 50. Or should i spend the extra money at jegs??

·
WFO
5,030 Posts
solidlifter496 said:
Im wanting to rebuild a 350 fairly cheap. i never used ebay parts before im i was wondoring if anyone had good or bad exp. from ebay. im wanting to get a re ring kit thats 60 bucks, a lunati cam kit thats 130 and a gear drive thats 50. Or should i spend the extra money at jegs??
Check out the rebuild 'kits' at Northern. ;)

·
Banned
9,993 Posts
The parts you get in your kit are likely the same brands you'd find anywhere else. I've recently been convinced that moly rings are the way to go though I've used the cheap cast ones in the past. For the extra $10 get the moly facing though.

On bearings I only use King silicon allecular now. They've done well in everything I've used them in. Gaskets never really mattered much to me though a lot of people will only use felpro.

I would pay the little extra on the bearings and rings and go with a cheaper elgin cam kit if money is tight.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.