Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the low low price of $100 you too can have this
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33620&item=7922490935&rd=1
or the equivilent for your engine. My question, is this a bad idea. My 360 will be making around 350+ or - at the crank. Do you think the bearings and rings will be able to handle this? One would assume that if these peices just disintegrated that nobody would use it and they would go out of buisness, but people are suckers for deals. This would be all I need to finish up my project, so its verry appealing to me. Thanks for the input
-Tom

·
Premium Member
3,519 Posts
lol, I love the part where they say, oh yeah they're like clevite berings but we just don't have them packaged in clevite boxes! lmao.

I'm sure it would be fine for a stock or mild build.

K

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, this build will just see street use and it only has to go a few times down the track to get it dialed in, and once more to embarass my friends '99 mustang cobra. Anyone else had any experience?

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
I just finished a rebuild on an engine with a complete rebuild kit form an ebay seller. Most of the parts were name brand like perfect circle and the bearings were king, which is a good bearing. I paid about $250 for a kit that included oil pump, pistons, cam and all small parts as well. If you are just doing a stock type rebuild, which it sounds like you are, I would just call and find out exactly what parts you will be getting to be sure it is not junk. I actually ordered my kit from an ebay seller via telephone so I could ask some questions.

Chris

·
brains
1,009 Posts
I used to buy almost all my car parts off e-bay and I cant tell you how many times I bought stuff that was crap. You can find good deals, but people also sell alot of junk there. I wouldnt buy from ads that say things such as, they are in different boxes, im selling this for my friend, I bought this but for my car but I sold my project. These are usually pretty good indications something is not right, and has a reason why they are not using them. Be careful

Ben

·
Registered
210 Posts
If you would prefer name brand parts vs. ebay no name...I noticed www.northernautoparts.com (18008310884) has a re-ring kit just like the one on ebay, except its $107.79 + shipping, uses federal-mogul/sealed power, melling and victor reinze gaskets. Summit or jegs probably can offer you a simillar deal. Good luck

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
for an extra $30 you get fel-pro gaskets, moly rings, and the satisfaction of having clevite bearings. I'd feel much better with all that. This works out much better for not a lot more. Thanks
-Tom

1 - 7 of 7 Posts