Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put a ford 9" in a 69 C10,and it has disc brake calipers with no entrance for a cable.How do I set up an ebrake?

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
who made the calipers

are you using factory rear calipers? if so check the bone yard for stock application. My 26 had a conversion where they had front calipers mounted on brackets with no e brake a dive shaft e brake kit was about 350 when i checked it out ford explorer are bolt on for certain other ford rears and they have in internal drum e brake

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
e brake

Are you using front calipers on the rear?? I don't know if S 10 ever had rear disc. You might want to check out other gm products for rear calipers if you can find an interchange book you could see which parts interchane or what company made them sometimes the difference can be miror although they are not exact interchange.. if you are lucky some might fit your brackets... Some of the ford 9 kits used cad eldorado rear calipers from the mid 80's... The key thing is rotor width and alignment sometimes spacer washers are required ... rotor diam is not as critical as long as the pad has full contact and adequate caliper clearance to account for wear

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks i'll check that out,they were definately s10 calipers,probably the front I bought the rear disk kit from him.Everything is set up but im trying to get a pvalvefirst then I should be ready.I have a stickshift in the truck so an ebrake is important

1 - 6 of 6 Posts