Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys;
I am at my wits end hope you can help. Have a 1403 edelbrock carb on a sbc and it to periodically floods out. Here is what I have done Followed the edelbrock book to the letter with all adjustments. cleaned the carb. rebuilt it. new needle valves.three times. the needle valves always seem to partically stick . I would hammer on carb they would reseat, and be ok for a while. Carb pressure with regulator only set to 3 lbs float level a tight 7/16" choke works fine. new fuel filters. insulators on carb base stays cool.The carb has no debris in it. Blew out all passages with air.This carb only has 500 miles on it. I have read the previous posts about the same problem, but still do not have the answer. Thank you for your help.

·
My pipes are my music
2,936 Posts

F-BIRD 88,,, That was FAST! It's strange, I just sold an 88 formula not long ago after 8 years with it. I got tired of the elecronic gremilins that seemed to show themselves every few months and always wanted to to rip it all out and build it straight up like you with a carbed engine (yeah I'm jealous!).

·
My pipes are my music
2,936 Posts

Dgkipp11, If It Continues To Have Problems, You Can Always Trash The Edelbrock And Get You A Holley! Every Afb Or Avs I've Had Has Run Ok But The Holley Has Always Run Better.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.