Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m upgrading to a 600cfm Edelbrock 1409 carb on my boat from the stock 2bbl. It’s a ‘99 305 Vortec. My first choice for intake manifold is the Edelbrock 2716 RPM Performer. However a local guy is selling a GM 12366573 Performer-style intake pretty cheap, probably a new take-off from a crate engine. As far as I can tell the only differences between the two are the the GM intake is almost an inch taller. But I haven’t located an ideal operating range for that manifold. Since my ideal operating range is idle-5500rpm, will the GM manifold adversely affect my holeshot, or do you think the difference will be negligible on a stock motor?

·
Registered
15,332 Posts
The GMPP intake is similar to the Edelbrock Performer RPM in performance. It’s a very good piece. I run a GMPP LT1/4 carb intake which is pretty much the same thing sans coolant returns and having a different bolting arrangement. It works very well, quite linear when I bury my foot in it pulling hard and staying that way all the way up to red line.

Bogie

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.