Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
1969 Mustang Coupe Project Car
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Edelbrock Performer that I want to use on my SBF 302 with my new Holley Sniper system. I've seen where guys have milled the center down about an inch, sort of like the air gap manifolds to get better performance. Wouldn't a square bore spacer do basically the same thing with out milling?

I also like the idea of a phenolic spacer to keep the heat away from the sniper throttle body. I appreciate the help in advance.
Mark

·
More for Less Racer
20,929 Posts
You've got that right, the spacer will do much of the same thing as milling the divider down.
Soacer will also add some plenum volume to the equation, which may or may not be beneficial to the engine performance(Generally, it is).

The milled divider on a Performer I would classify as something done only because there was not hood clearance space to allow the added height of a spacer.

·
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Eric! I just got my new intake manifold gaskets so I'll be mounting the intake this weekend. Looking for recommendations for a good Phenolic spacer. I've never tried the plastic ones so any info on those would be great as well.
I would go with aluminum but I'm trying to keep the heat out of the Sniper.
Thanks again
Mark

·
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
And so it begins, I'm starting the install of the Holley Sniper on the 69 Mustang. I bought the Edelbrock spacer since it came with the studs and gaskets. I really would like to paint the edge to make it less conspicuous. The reason for the spacer is two fold, first I've read where since the ECU is built into the throttle body and it can be affected by the heat. Second is to get more plenum volume. I've been trying to get in touch with Holley to ask them a tech question in regards to the temp sensor for the carb. I need to know if it needs the sensor to be post or pre thermostat.

So with the custom GT-40 heads, intake, EFI and new exhaust I'm hoping for a noticeable improvement in performance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.