Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
The lean mean donut machine
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just read a bad review of the Edelbrock Torker II manifold, which is unusual for anything from Edelbrock. I'm wondering if anyone here has used it or if they can tell me if it is any good. I'm thinking about getting one for a corvette when I build it, and hood clearance is a big issue.

·
Banned
3,532 Posts
A friend of mine has one and says it works fine.

I have read a lot of magazine articles saying that they make less bottom end and less top end than the Performer RPM.

I use the RPM Airgap. I think it is the best street manifold.

·
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah I have an RPM air gap and it is awesome for a street motor. The problem is that it is a high rise, and with the carb and blower hat I will have I will need like a 6" cowl hood, which is huge on a C4 vette. The Torker II is a little lower, that is why I was looking at it. If there is any other manifolds you could enlighten me on that would be great.

PS I don't have motor specs this car is not yet built, I just want to make sure I have every piece right before I sink in the $$$.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
If you are running a blower/turbo the intake manifold becomes less important. The torker II should work fine.
Royce

·
Registered
129 Posts
I just took an old Torker off of my sbc and replaced it with a performer and was surprised at the difference it made with my low rpm torque. I drive on the street and don't go over 60-65 mph so I can't tell you about the top end but the bottom end on the performer is a whole lot better.

·
Registered
83 Posts
The Perrformers are dual plane manifolds
The Torkers are single plane manifolds.
Dual plane manifolds generally work better than single planes in a NA street driven car. Single planes generally work better in race applications.
Since you have a blower, I suspect that it would work just fine. I have used a Torker on the street but added a plenum divider to boost driveability and bottom end grunt....

·
wind & fire = guides to power
1,529 Posts
One of my favorite cars I've owned had a Torker 2. I drove it every day. I only made one pass with that car at the strip and it ran 12.33 @ 110.

·
Banned
3,532 Posts
THADD said:
The Perrformers are dual plane manifolds
The Torkers are single plane manifolds.
Dual plane manifolds generally work better than single planes in a NA street driven car. Single planes generally work better in race applications.
Since you have a blower, I suspect that it would work just fine. I have used a Torker on the street but added a plenum divider to boost driveability and bottom end grunt....
That is a very vague outline of how intakes work. It all depends on the engine combo.

My old Edelbrock Scorpion intake had tons of bottom end compared to the dual plane stock intake. I ran it on my 307.

With a 2,400+ stall converter a single plane might work better on the street than a dual plane.

Generally speaking the above statement is true, but you have to take everything into account.

·
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for the replies, guys. Seems that not every magazine or online review takes every factor into account. I had no idea the critical function of the manifold would be less important with boost. Seeing as I plan on running a 3000 stall, the Torker 2 should work great.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.