Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a couple questions on EGR valves and how they are hooked up. I've got a 1971 Nova with a 350. I have an Edelbrook performer intake and carb. When I got the car it did not have a EGR valve and according to one source GM came out with them in 1972. I'm not sure if that is true. I am replumbing the vaccum lines and I see that the Carb has a EGR outlet tube (3/16") and the carbon canister that came on the car has an inlet labeled Carb (both are for 3/16 hose. How do I hook one up, can I hook one up, do I need one? There is also a 3/8 outlet on the carb called a "carb bowl vent/vapor recovery system. Where do I run this line to? It would seem that it should go to the carbon canister, but the lines on the canister are not the same size. There is a 3/8 inlet for the fuel tank, a 5/16 inlet for the PCV, and the 3/16 labeled carb. Can someone explain the proper hookups for me or point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
Charles

·
Hates: Liver. Loves: Diesel
5,659 Posts
There should be two lines from the evap can. The small one goes to a ported source and the big one goes to a manifold source (often times shared wtih PCV)

EGR gets a ported source.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts