Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys question. We have talked before about this but here is another thought. I am building a 34 Ford with a ZZ383 and air. Because of the engine placment I have no room to put my 16" electric fan behind the rad, so in front it goes! Now because of the grill shell I can only put the fan down at the bottom of the rad ( not the best place I know). So here is my question I have a 16" pusher in front of the rad at the bottom, is there any reason I could not put a 10" puller behind the rad at the top, the two do not interfere with each other,well maybe by an inch or so. I guess my main conceren might be amp draw. Any thoughts:confused:

·
Slow but willing learner
5,407 Posts
I see no reason not to do it. You, of course, already realize it is not the best scenario but the whole idea is to move air through the whole radiator. As you mentioned be sure you have ample circuit protection for the current draw.

John L

·
Registered
10,928 Posts
Why not use a Zipps water pump riser? I have one on my 34 Ford with a GM Performance Parts Fastburn 350 w/Walker radiator and it never overheats even in 100+ Texas heat. Deuce on this Forum has one on his 430HP Fastburn also.

Uses a standard Chevy six cylinder water pump and has integral alternator and A/C mounts.

Vince

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.