Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
A temperature switch and manual on overide is a good cheap idea. Chose a temp switch that works with your thermostat range.

I like your painted driveshaft.. My truck has a candycane red and white job on it.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
spinn said:
A temperature switch and manual on overide is a good cheap idea. Chose a temp switch that works with your thermostat range.

I like your painted driveshaft.. My truck has a candycane red and white job on it.
Thanks, this project has taken on a mind of it own....I'm just along for the ride. I've noticed everything for these PMD engines are pricey :sweat:

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
One of the favorite options in the past was the two speed fan and shroud from the Lincoln Mark 7 or the 90s Ford Taurus or Windstar. You can usually pull all the relays with the fan, and you will need them because these fans have a very high startup amperage. However, they are supposed to work very well to cool an SBC. The original design kicks them in at two temp settings, so you only go to dual fans running if you need it.

Bruce

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.