Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So let me ask you all. Because of space problems I need to mount my 16" fan on the front of my Walker Rad. I can reverse the blades to make it a pusher and when I turn it on it moves a lot of air. I have room on the back side of my rad at the the top for a 10", if I mount a puller there do you think it will work? The 16" on the front is near the bottom of the rad because I cannot move it up.:confused:

·
Registered
380 Posts
Can you remove the 16" fan from it's cage and mount it in a custom shroud. This is what I did, and it shrunk the room needed quite a bit. My shroud is slightly deeper at the top than the bottom. I ended up using a 14" and a 10" fan in my custom shroud. My shroud is 1.125" deep on top and .750" deep on the bottom and the fans are mounted inside the shroud. This puts them pretty close to the radiator. My car has an all aluminum blown 406. I have not had any overheating problems even when the temps are in the 100 degree range in traffic, 190 degrees all day long. I to am running a Walker radiator. I know I didn't answer your question directly, just wanted to let you know there are options. I don't particularly like pusher fans, they can cause flow problems through the radiator at cruise speeds.

Keith

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.