Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to swap an L-31 Vortec 350 into my '69 C-20. I'll have to run an electric fuel pump. Any suggestions on a good electric pump? Stock fuel sender doesn't have a return line. Is it O.K. to run the electric pump "deadheaded" into the regulator with no return?

·
Registered
769 Posts
If you don't use a return line then try to get the correct pump for your application so you don't have to regulate it down too much.
I dead headed a pump from 41 PSI down to 6 PSI and it was noisy and the output would surge from 4 to 8 PSI. I swapped in a bypass regulator and it will hold 6.5 psi in all RPM ranges.

Im using the stock in the tank electric pump and a Holley regulator.

·
Registered
225 Posts
as long as your using the stock regulator you can run whatver youd like as long as its as good as or better then the stock pressure, which should be around 60psi. a stock delco pump would do the trick or if you get something aftermarket like a walbro 100psi pump, that would work fine too.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I guess I should have been more clear, gonna run a carb.
F-Bird, thanks for the part numbers, will look them up.
Edit: Looked up the Carter pumps. Is a 1/4" NPT inlet/outlet going to be big enough to run 3/8" fuel line?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.