Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi fellow streetrodders @ gear heads. I have a problem. I have a 50 chevy tk. w/350 sb 60 over w/eldelbrock int, cam kit, @ carb. "pete jackson" drive. summit roller lifters,tk runs just fine. But, I can't seem to fine a fuel pump that lasts. I ran a "autozone" brand about 6 yrs. Switch to NAPA "carter" brand, went threw (2) pumps in less than 60 days. :mad: :mad: They are inline pumps w/filter before pump. (napa says no problem w/pumps) So I switched to NAPA "POSI-FLO" brand. I'm going to try this one and see what happens :spank: :spank: Comments,suggestions,2cents welcome As always hotrodders BB is #1 :welcome: :welcome:

·
Registered
17,613 Posts
The problem may be that the pumps don't like running against a dead head. You and I have done this for years with no apparent ill effects, but who knows how the manufacturers have cheapened the parts used in these current-day pumps?

If I were going to bullet-proof it, I'd run a return line from the carb to the tank and install a regulator in the return line. I'd choke the regulator down so that 5 psi would be delivered to the carb inlet.

·
You got a leaky spark tube...
2,854 Posts
I ran a Holley Blue pump on my Blazer for several years by dead heading it. It was loud but worked fine. The only time I had a problem was when my voltage regulator went out and started sending 22v to my electric components. Needless to say, the pump wasn't the only thing that quit working...

A friend of mine ran a Holley Red pump with a return line and it worked well too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.