Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone make a bracket and a motor that be retrofit on an old lincoln so I can make the seats electric ?

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
wardell, I don't know of anyone who makes a bracket or kit for that. If I were you I'd go to the pick a part palce nearest you and find two good seat motors from a newer vehicle and make them work. Make a bracket to mount it to the seat you have now, that way if those ever go bad just go get a new motor for what evver type of car you got it out of. Its a better option than getting a seat motor from a rod company that they only sell.

HK

·
Registered
23 Posts
What about a set of electric tracks and retrofit your seats to the track? I don't if there are many out but there it might be worth a look.

·
Registered
9,050 Posts
mid seventy-eighties GM seat tracks are very adaptable, but you are on your own just get a set that look close, don't worry about width its the length and height that need to be closest to what you have make it strong.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Like they said, get out the tape measure. Odds are you will be able to find something close. I would replace the whole seat though. Could be alot simpler that way.

If you go with a set of seat brackets, you might have to fabricate some adapters. Might be easier for you, but for me it would be harder so I would just have to replace the seats. Either way might involve some work. But that is the fun part I suppose.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts