1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
quick fix please...
i have a 72 chevelle 4 speed m21 with a hot 350 also:
msd6 ignition
master blaster3
pro billet distrib.
100 amp alt.

the problem is when i run the car for awhile and i try to turn the car off nothing happens but the generator lights comes on and in order to shut the car off i need to press the e-brake. or stall the car.
thx
PLease help!!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
sounds like it could be just a bad ign. switch remember you turn the switch on and one of the thins it does is turn on the power to the distributer if when you turn the switch and it does not cut off the power then the eng. stays running ......i would start there in that system any way do wiggle test on all the wires to make sure no loose connections and or breaks....hope you figure it out

·
Shop Owner And Troll Hunter
2,643 Posts
first try Slowing the idle down. The knowledge base is full of posts on this problem.

Troy

69 SS/RS full custom Camaro 98 ISCA Grand Champion
69 SS/RS BB Camaro wifes driver
66 Elcamino 350/all dz parts,ac,windows,loaded,my driver
69 SS Chevelle BB conv.fresh frame off
26 T sedan street rod

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
Stop

Doc here:pimp:

Is the car dieseling or Just not responding to shutting off and idling normal on "OFF"?

If it's not dieseling, then check your secondary Ignition wire to be sure it's not staying hot after you shut it off..It should be on the "R" side of the Solenoid, not the main terminal link wire...This is a common miswire when changing starters ETC..

Check to see you Don't have 12 volts on the coil when off...If so, find the source and remove it.

Next would be a bad switch.

Doc :pimp:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts