Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i need some help bad. i have a 1968 camaro with a 350. i have installed a holly blue fuel pump and wired it with a switch to turn on and off. now for some reason my car will not turn off when i shut it off with the key. what could be causing this? could it be a wiring problem? any help would be great thanks.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Isn't your new wiring for the fuel pump mixed up with the ignition system? If you shut off the ig key and the pump,does the engine stop?

·
Registered
599 Posts
whatever you did it almost sounds like you ran a parallel circuit thru your new switch to the pump that is also your main ignition line. does the car turn off when you turn off the switch to the pump?

JB

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
if i turn the pump off before i turn the car off it will then for sure continue to run. if i leave the pump on and shut the car off sometimes it will turn off and sometimes it will keep running. i have also noticed if i turn my lights on then my car will also turn off. what could cause this ? could it be that my fuel pump is cross wired and is keeping my car from shutting off? i do have a crane cam ignition box.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts