Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Chopper Builder o<>\o
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I occasionally encounter a wire short in my vehicles and I discovered this product online. Has anyone heard of this or tried it? This product looks like it should reduce the time and trouble it takes to find a short.

Ad description: Shorts can happen anywhere in your vehicle! Track them down under floors, through metal, behind panels, anywhere. Easy to use - simply connect clips at the fuse and move the meter along the circuit. Needle jumps when the short is reached. Speeds up electrical repairs. Includes storage case.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I have used one of thes tools once at an electrical class I went to put on by Ford. It worked great. I plan on getting one for myself. Snap-on and Mac both carry them:)

·
Registered
906 Posts
fourbyfourblazer,

These test tools have been in use by gardeners for years. When a valve is not working in your yard, you do not want to dig up the entire lawn to find the problem, so by sending a signal done the line being tested it is easy to follow the wire where ever it goens underground. The meter is then passed along the wire or near the wire until the meter reads. The reason it reads is there is a slight magnetic rise at the grounded point in the wire. I think these will also locate the broken end of a wire too.

Scholman

·
Chopper Builder o<>\o
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great! Multi-purpose tool. Thanks for the feedback.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
The breaker works great.I also have some of the adaptors that plug into the fuse block,I would advice them also.I have never used the meter.Carl

1 - 5 of 5 Posts