Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Have No Fire Getting From My Coil To The Distributor And I Really Don't Know If I Have Got The Right Wires Hooked Up Right Because They Were Butchered And Spliced Together With Different Colored Wires.i Need To Know Exactly What Color Wires Go To The Coil And From The Coil To The Distributor.

Thanks For Your Help

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
Doc here,

Well we could help more if we knew more about what Car / Engine / Ignition system you have...

Generally, the wire that has switched power goes to on a points type system, a ballast resistor, then from the resistor to the coil + terminal, and from the coil - terminal to the points.

On a Standard GM HEI, the switched power goes directly into the "BATT" terminal on the cap..The "TACH" wire will be the white wire.

On an aftermarket Electronic system is dependent upon the manufactures instructions..and if a ballast is required or not..

On a Didja Spark? :D (Dura Spark) Ford type ignition is dependent on what dura spark system (year ) you have...

If remote Coil type with a ballast , a secondary ignition is required to provide usable spark during cranking modes..This comes from the "R" or "I" terminal on the starter solenoid..

Soooo...Which is yours?

Doc :pimp:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts