Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to plate some various parts, like lug bolts, etc in a silver color. Has anyone used the Eastwood tin zinc electroplating kit? Any pros or cons? Any other ideas? I can't find anyone who will plate small quantities of parts.

Thanks,
Jamie

·
Registered
113 Posts
Have you tried calling around to some of the trophy/award or jewelry stores, they might be able to point you somewhere. I know some of those electroplating chemicals are extremely poisonous. The one used for gold plating is mostly cyanide.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I used the Caswell plating system. Look through my journal and you will see some of them. The system works as advertised, but I would not recommend it as a chrome replacement. Do a web search for Caswell and read through it.

·
Member - AMC/Rambler "guru"
1,848 Posts
Caswell offers several plating systems, including two "chrome like" (electroless "Krome" and "Copy Chrome") systems and a real chrome plating system. I was surprised to see a hard chrome plating kit -- I haven't looked for a plating kit in a while! I suspect you used the electroless kit??

Anyway, go to the site and see what they have.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.