Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Sloe Lurner
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have anybody here updated the Emergency brake pedal in thier "AD" trucks 47-55 1st. I put a 10 bolt disk rear in my 54 and want to keep a pedal in the cab. Is there a Donor pedal i can look for to replace the "factory" setup?? I've seen photos of the conversion just looking for some suggestions. Thanks!!

:drool:

·
Registered
452 Posts
I'm one of the guys who took out everything and swaped in later stuff. I can't say that I'm all that happy with it but it works well.

I would think that you should be able to connect the Nova cables to the arms off the emergency brake crossbar (for lack of a correct name) with an arrangement of clevis and adjustable linkage.

You would have to mount the cable housing solidly to the frame with a bracket inline with the arms. Then create the piece that went in between making it adjustable . Duplicate on the other side and it should be a go.

I'm thinking Clevis with a rod that goes back to the piece that normally is used to connect the cable off the backing plate to the cable that loops through the linkage off the Nova's emergency peddle. Clip that piece on the end of the cable off the rearend, attatch the clevis to the arm, work with the adjustment a bit to get it just so and off you go.

·
Registered
559 Posts
I kept all of my hardware on the cab and just ordered new flex cables from the chassis to the brake backing plates from a company that advertises in Street Rodder, Cables I will look it up, and the work and fit better than new and the price was right!!
On top of all that they work great, this is on my 55 1st series GMC
Look up controlcables.com great support and products!!

·
Registered
559 Posts
Look up controlcables.com great support and

products!![/QUOTE]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts